Sunday, May 2, 2010

French Women and their moustache

I love how French women are so natural but yet so beautiful, they don't need to brush their hair nor put tons of make up to look beautiful. The perception of french beauty is all about beeing natural, beeing yourself, feeling comfortable in your skin. In Turkey, we dress up, we blow-dry our hair everyday by the help of various tools, haircurlers or often, very often, by visiting the hairdresser. We pluck our eyebrows, we get manicures and pedicures everyweek and so on...

I kinda like the natural beauty of the women in Paris, you can feel it everywhere, its on TV, on the streets and all around! However, there is one big reservation of mine in this whole natural beauty concept:

Its the moustache!!!

The body hair (except for those on your head) is identified with the masculin gender in most cultures, if not in all. That is why all women (at least that is what I thought) prefer to epilate the hair on their body, wherever (!) it may grow to be seen visibly.

For some reason, women in Paris DO NOT epilate their moustaches!!!! Do not try to tell me that european women are not as hairy as Turkish women because that is total bullshit after what I have seen so far in Paris!

Everytime the sun is out, I can't help my desire to particularly check if girls around me have moustache or not, and beleive me, most, and again if not all, have not epilated. I tried to check other nationalities like girls from Liban, Argentine, United States, Turkey etc. to see if I would observe the same picture, and very interestingly so, only the French girls let their moustaches grow.

I am hoping that as the weather gets warmer, I will not have to see hairy women legs or hairy armpits (and I would like to precisely say that guys with hairy armpits are disgusting as well!) , but I really do not understand how a woman can look in the mirror and not see her dark moustache that is crying out "you look like an adolescent boy!!"

2 comments:

  1. ahahah! i googled it. here is the best search option;

    http://www.womenwithmustaches.com/

    not all of them are french i guess! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. bazıları da bomba olmalı, fotoshop motoshop, yuh yani! :))

    ReplyDelete

comments