Friday, December 11, 2009

I came home by bike

Having drowned in my reading for the last couple of weeks(!), I decided today after my spanish class that I didn't wanna go back home right back to studying. I didn't really know what to do as I am a little broke this month, I decided to walk around on the streets but L, my friend, suggested that I should check out the Bon Marche, the oldest department store in Paris. So, I did, as depressing as it was to see all the super stylish stuff, I played a little Polyanna and thought, well.... I ll buy all this during the upcoming sales season. A couple of hours later, I felt really tired so I headed back home, that's when I decided to take a bike, rather than taking the metro.

Paris offers public bikes where you can take one from one station and leave it at the station closest to your destination. The bikes (or the system of biking, I haven't quiet totally figured out yet) is called "velib".

I took a velib, put some Etta James in my ears and started pedalling. I lived the romantic side of Paris under christmas lights (even if it was pretty damn cold). Etta James helped me dive deeper in my melancho
ly.

I am gonna keep preferring velib over the metro, to discover the most out of Paris. If you ask me this in person, I will totaly deny it but even though I might hear a lot of insults due to the fact that I don't really understand every little Parisian traffic rule, I will not let this little detail ruin my velib experience in Paris.

4 comments:

  1. lol that was funny
    R. if i ever ask you, you will definitely be denying it, thats for sure!
    i want to go to the department store with you, use the velib instead of the stupido metro, freeze to death at the same moment, feel parisian under the xmas lights!
    cheers mate, will be there soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahaha!! You are one of those rare persons who know me better than myself!!! Come soon, come with lots of money if u wanna go to that store ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sildim, herkeş bilmesin çıldırdıımı die :))

    ReplyDelete

comments